NuRelm is on the ultimate quest for awesome Web talent in the Pittsburgh area. Use the following checklist to see if you qualify:
1. Do you like consuming energy drinks while sitting alone in the dark playing Duke Nukem in your underwear?
2. 7 Bizarre Advances in Animal Cyborg Technology (Did you click this link?)
If you answered yes to any of these and you seek a job in Web development, we want you! NuRelm is hiring for a full-time Web developer position.
NuRelm is a local Web development company headquartered in Uniontown, Pennsylvania. We are currently seeking an entry-level Web developer. This is an incredible opportunity for a recent college graduate and will provide a great deal of experience and plenty of room for professional growth. This is a full-time position.
For more information about NuRelm, please visit our Web site at www.nurelm.com.
The official job description:
Web Developer/Web Production Specialist
Status: Full-Time On-Site + Telecommute + Contract Employee
Benefits: Health Insurance, Paid Vacation, Flexible Schedule
Telecommute: Work from home 3 days per week
Description (Percentages are approximates):
- Develop websites based on designs provided to you, most of which are integrated with a content management system (either our own tool, NuContent, or one of the open source CMSes out there) – 50%
- Provide telephone and email customer support for Web sites and email services to our clients – support involves troubleshooting, modifications, and upgrades – 20%
- Troubleshoot and functionally test new releases of software projects – 5%
- Administer Linux servers, email services, and perform other systems administration duties – 5%
- Provide sales support, give product demonstrations, and provide cost estimates for custom projects for our sales staff – 5%
- Define requirements of new projects – 15%
- Perform other technical or marketing related duties as necessary
Requirements (Please do not apply if you do not have the following):
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology, Graphic Design, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Expert knowledge of basic PC-based software such as Microsoft Office, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of and experience with HTML / CSS
- Some knowledge of object oriented programming
- Willingness and ability to jump in and perform tasks that may not be in your job description when necessary
- Ability to work unsupervised both independently and in small groups
- Must be very detail-oriented
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to handle multiple projects at once
Desired skills (These are bonuses – please apply even if you have all of the requirements and none of these):
- Experience using Linux/Unix operating systems
- Past experience designing and developing Web sites (provide any sample URLS)
- Familiar with the creation of mobile-ready web layouts
- An understanding of operations in a small company
- Java or PHP programming experience
- Knowledge of email systems
- Knowledge of domain name registrars, DNS, etc.
- Prior experience with Macromedia Studio (Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash) and/or Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)
To apply, submit your resume and any relevant URLs to email@example.com. Only those considered qualified will receive a response.